We recommend Autodesk Meshmixer 3.1 for Moai user for its versatility and features. You could also use Print Studio for support generation with modification to build volume:
To set it up:
For Autodesk Print Studio, after installation, please run the program and select your printer as Ember. Then exit the program.
Go to C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Print Studio\printDB xxxx is your Windows user name
*You may have to unhide those directories first in the folder option before you see them.
Find the file: printerTypes.json
Use a text editor to edit the file, go to line 20 there and change the three numbers in line 21, 22, 23 to this
Save and exit
And it is ready for Moai user.
You could also use this steps for other SLA printers.
A few notes about Print Studio:
- Regarding workflow, it is the most intuitive and specifically built for SLA printer. This is its best points
- You can use it to add support but not for slicing for Moai
- Print Studio tends to over add support. We use overhang angle = 0 in Meshmixer.
- I wish it has more features like add base, hollowing, drain holes, plane cut, etc. It would make it more complete and seriously think about recommending it over Meshmixer
- Open it up to other SLA printer and make this tutorial outdated :D